After hitting level 50 and completing all available story/world quests, you will be given a Rare 302 gear set and will have unlocked your Daily and Weekly Tasks.
- It is now important to complete your 1st Awakening quest. This rewards you with your 1st Awakening skill as well as Honing materials and other rewards. The quest can be picked up from Beatrice in Trixion. Use your song (F2) to enter Trixion.
- From here the goal is to use Tier 1 Honing materials to reach 460 ilvl (+8 gear) and complete the Rohendel Story
- Complete your 2nd Awakening quest (start of quest obtained from your mailbox)
- Then reach 600 ilvl (+15 gear) to move into Tier 2. It might seem far away but this guide will go through the catchup islands you can do to gain easy Tier 1 materials.
Tier 1 Honing Materials
Island Materials Route
Before you start:
- Make sure you have reached level 50, obtained your 302 ilvl set, and unlocked your Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids and Una’s Tasks.
- Completed the Awakening Skill quest from Beatrice in Trixion
- This island route is a shorter route that focuses only on Tier 1 honing materials. There are additional islands that are useful to do at a later date for other rewards, such as pirate coins, songs, emotes, and class engravings.
Important tips to make this easier:
- Ocean Liner can be found on all continents near the docks. You can pay a small silver fee to fast travel to another continent. I recommend taking the Ocean Liner to North Vern and to start sailing from here.
- You can save a Bifrost location (Alt + W). This allows you to instantly travel back to the saved location. It has a cooldown of 2 hours.
- You can use the search bar on the world map to search any island name to find the location easier. A map button can also be found under each section of this guide to open the map route
- You can set an auto-sail point by opening the world map and then using (Alt + Left-click) on a destination
- There are a lot of quests to follow, I recommend going to your Quest Journal (J) and clicking the “Area” button at the top to filter the Quest Widget
- Repair your ship whenever you can, if you start to get low on durability, you can dock at the Ports for the cost of Pirate Coins.
Starting Point – North Vern
The starting point is North Vern, you can catch the Ocean Liner to here if you are not already in Vern. I also recommend setting your return point here for later on. You can set your return point by going to Vern Castle and interacting with the blue tripod. Now you can return here by using your “Song of Return” (F2).
Once you are ready to leave, open the map and choose the “Ready to Sail” button in the bottom left.
Use your Estoque ship and add your fastest crew members in the Crew List.
After arriving in Peyto, go straight up the stairs onto the main deck of the ship. Directly in-front will be a quest to pick up and other tasks to complete while you are here.
- Pick up the quest Becoming an Idol. This quest will reward you with pirate coins, card packs and the Sway Emote, which will be required at Dreamgull Island later on
- Pick up the quest Iceberg Inquiry. This quest is a pre-requisite for Glacier Isle later on
- Buy the Song of Resonance from Treasure Hunter Igran for 16,500 Pirate Coins.
The next stop will be Dreamgull island, this island is time-gated because you need a song from the Lullaby Island event. So you will eventually need to come back here. Do as much as you can for now and finish up the questline at a later time.
- Interact with the backpack next to the entrance to start the questline
- Complete the quests as far as you can, and come back later once you have the song from Lullaby Island.
White Wave Island
The next island on our journey is White Wave Island. This island requires 460 ilvl and for you to have completed the Rohendel questline.
You can skip it and complete it at the end instead if you haven’t quite reached the requirement yet.
The quest will ask you to visit the following places (we will do this later):
- Little Luck Island
- Outlaw Island
Regardless, save the location in an empty Bifrost slot (Alt + W), so that we can travel back here later and make the route a little quicker.
Next is Panda Island, pick up the two quest chains on this island:
- Fragrance and Fish
- Panda’s Delight
For the Fragrance and Fish quest, you will need to visit the 3 hidden locations on the map. Use the images below to help you find them.
The questchain on Starlight Isle is very long so we will only be completing the initial steps and will complete the rest of this quest towards the end.
- Pick up A Lighthouse for the Soul quest from Lena and follow the quest up to the top of the Lighthouse.
- You will now be asked to visit Shushire. So just hide the quest for now and we will complete it later.
- If you picked up the Many Islands, One Legend quest from White Wave Island, quickly head back to Peyto now to complete part of the quest
Toto Silver Island
Arrive at Toto Silver Island and interact with the Elder Toto to receive the questline
- Pick up the quest Song From Home
- Keep following the questline and continue with The Totoikis’ Dream: Temperature quests until you are asked to go to Mokoko village
- We will visit Mokoko Village later on and then come back to this island to finish the questline.
Sail down to Serenity Isle for the next part of the island route.
- Interact with the pile of wood next to the entrance to get the Who’s There?! quest
- Follow the questline until you get the quest which asks you to go to the dungeons
- You will be asked to collect Shadowfallen Giant Locarok and Pebbling’s stone fragments from Forest of Giants dungeon – Tortoyk’s Heart
- You will also be asked to collect the 4th Claw of Thanatos from the last boss in Submerged Ruins dungeon – Yudia
Yudia – Saland Hill
Next we will be going straight to Yudia to complete the first of the two dungeons needed for the Serenity Isle quest.
- Go up to Luterra and enter the port. I recommend repairing your ship here as well while you can.
- Travel to Saland Hill in Yudia and complete the Morai Ruins dungeon.
- You can complete the dungeon on normal or hard mode, it doesn’t matter. But if you have completed it before on a certain difficulty, you can complete it on the other difficulty for your Adventure Tome.
After completing the dungeon in Yudia, open the map and click the “Ready to Sail” button again to get back in the ocean.
- Travel to Tortoyk and enter the port.
- Travel to the Forest of Giants zone and do the dungeon
- You only need to kill trash monsters for this part of the quest so feel free to use your Song of Escape when you are finished.
- Next, go to Mokoko Village to complete the questline for Toto Silver Island. Follow the questline all the way back to Toto Silver and complete the questline here.
- Leave Toto Silver and go back to Serenity Island to complete the questline here as well.
- If you picked up the Many Islands, One Legend quest from White Wave Island, you can visit Little Luck Island and Outlaw Island now since they are not too far away.
- Once you are done at Outlaw Island, use your Bifrost to travel back to White Wave Island and hand in the quest.
- Even if you didn’t start the White Wave Island quests, use your Bifrost to get back here so you don’t need to do as much travelling.
Travel up from White Wave Island to Glacer Isle. We have already picked up the pre-requisite quest Iceberg Inquiry so talk to Samly to continue. There is a long questline to do here and it will send you to lots of different locations.
- Follow the Silent Prelude quest until it sends you to Origins of Stern in Arthetine
- Leave the island and travel to Arthetine
- Dock at Arthetine and travel to Origins of Stern and pick up the Dastardly Disease quest from Bastian
- Keep following the questline and go to all the locations to use the tracking device
- After talking with Mathias, you will be asked to sail to a location north of Arthetine, make sure to equip the Mathias sailor then head out.
- Go back to Glacer Isle and follow the questline. You will be asked again to go back to Stern.
- Go back to Stern and speak with Sasha to start the quest The Jig Is Up
- Follow the quests until you are asked to visit Vern
- Use the Ocean Liner to travel to Vern and keep following the questline.
- Whilst you are in Vern you may want to open up some of the boxes and try to push your gear up a little to make the next part easier.
- Once you are done you will be asked to go to Glacer Isle for the final time. Head in the sea again and travel back up to Glacer Isle. I recommend repairing your ship before you leave.
After completing the quest at Glacer Isle, it’s now time to visit Shadow Island.
- Pick up the To the Shadespire quest at the entrance of the island.
- Follow the trial into the building at the end of the map.
- Pick up the quest The Scent of Blood and enter the doorway onto floor 1 of the tower
- Move up to floor 2 and interact with the body in the bottom left side of the room
- Move up to floor 4 now and interact with the body on the right side of the room
- Go back down to the entrance of the tower to pick up the next part of the quest
- Move back up to floor 4 again to collect the Vile Debris. You can collect Vile Debris from all the monsters, but it is much quicker to kill the ones on Floor 4.
- Head back down to Jenkrix again to hand in the quest and pick up the next part
- Go up to floor 5 and kill the boss that spawns there. Once you are done, head down for the last time and hand in the quest.
- Pick up the Shadow’s Mark quest. You now have to do the Shadespire Tower (Floor 24) to complete the final part of the questline.
Fantasm Island is the final stop on our route before we clean up the rest of the questlines. This island gives both Tier 1 and Tier 2 materials.
- Follow all the questlines on the island.
- Use Song of Escape to quickly leave the island and re-enter instead of using the ferry
Finishing all the questlines
We have now finished the route! You can travel down to Rohendel or use your Song of Return to go back to Vern.
There are still a couple of tasks left to complete:
- Complete the Shadow Island questline by finishing floor 24 in the Shadespire Tower, go back to Shadow Island afterwards to hand it in
- Complete the rest of the Dreamgull Island questline once you have the Forest’s Minuet song from Lullaby Island
- If you didn’t have the required ilvl before, complete the quests at White Wave Island now that you’ve had chance to upgrade your gear
- Finish the Starlight Isle questline
- Travel to Shushire using the Ocean Liner, then sail back to Starlight Isle
- Now you’ll be sent to Runaway island (you can do the extra Runaway Island quests whilst here for more rewards)
- Go to Facility X next (you can do the extra Island quests whilst here for more rewards)
- Then back to Starlight Isle
- Now travel to Luterra and dock there. Triport to Prideholme
- Sail to Leiberheim Island (you can do the extra Island quests whilst here for more rewards)
- Travel back to Luterra again and dock there. Travel to Sunbright Hill.
- Travel to Rattan Hill in Luterra.
- Finally go to Starlight Isle for the last time