Leveling to 50
After creating your first character, you will start the game in Trixion and will choose your subclass in the Test Area. When ready, click “End Test” and confirm your subclass choice. Once your subclass is chosen you will not be able to change to another.
Now you will arrive in Trua which is the Prologue. Feel free to skip the Prologue by clicking the skip button in the top left. This will save you around 25 minutes, since it is just a small tutorial to the game. There are some rewards that you can get from completing the Prologue, but you can do these at any time on a new character and the rewards are only once per account.
The fastest way to get to level 50 now is to follow the main story quest and all side quests up to level 25+.
After you’ve reached level 25 you can skip all other quests and just follow the main story quest and world quests (blue quests) only.
It is still important to do some Chain Quests and Adventure Quests since these give useful rewards you will need once you are level 50 or higher.
If you would like to follow the story and watch all cutscenes then that is completely fine too! Enjoy the game and play how you want to, there is no rush to get to the end. You can also go back and watch all the cutscenes in the Memory Chamber later on.
Post level 50
After reaching level 50 on your main character, it becomes much slower to level up and is more of a side goal since it takes a long time to level from now on.
The max level is level 60 and each level gain from level 51 to 60 gives 6 skill points. Level 55 and 60 are also important milestones because they unlock the ability to upgrade your skills to level 11 and 12, which is a huge damage boost.
Begin to do your daily and weekly tasks as early as you can for their rewards and EXP gain.
You will also want to do your 1st Awakening quest soon after hitting level 50. This rewards you with your 1st Awakening skill as well as Honing materials and other rewards. The quest can be picked up from Beatrice in Trixion. Use your song (F2) to enter Trixion.
Check out our Tier 1 Gearing Guide for details and how to fast track into Tier 2
In addition to your character levels, you have a “Roster Level” (O), which is the level of your overall account on your server. When leveling your character and doing your daily/weekly tasks, you will gain Roster EXP as well.
Higher Roster Levels unlock permenant stats for all your characters, as well as other rewards such as an additional Bifrost slot and login backgrounds.
Importance of Alts
Having multiple alts is very beneficial in Lost Ark since there is various daily and weekly content that can be completed on different characters. The idea is to progress your alt characters to Tier 3 so that they can feed tradeable materials into your main character. Materials can be placed into your Roster Storage.
Make sure to research the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Honing Success and XP “Roster Help” to make gearing up your alts quicker.
Daily Tasks available on Alts:
- Una Dailies (3 quests daily per character)
- Guild research support and donation
- Chaos Dungeons (2 entries per character)
- Guardian Raids (2 soul harvest per character)
Daily Tasks Account Shared (complete these on your main):
- Adventure Island – once per day
- World Boss – once per day
- Chaos Gate – once per day
- Rapport – limited to 5 songs and 5 emotes per account (you can use alts to complete this)
Weekly Tasks available on Alts:
- Una Weekly (3 quests weekly per character)
- Abyssal Dungeon (once per dungeon per character)
- Merchant Ship (supplies available on each character – items are bound)
- Bloodstone Exchange (supplies available on each character – items are bound)
- Chaos Dungeon Exchange (supplies available on each character – items are bound)
Weekly Tasks Account Shared (complete these on your main):
- Ghost Ship (once per week)
The Powerpass is used to instantly level to 50 on a character of your choice.
Once you reach level 50 on your first character and complete the “Ealyn’s Gift” quest in North Vern, you will unlock the first Powerpass in your in-game mailbox.
To use the Powerpass, go to the character selection screen and make a character, or select a premade character. Choose the “Powerpass” option on the character to begin the Powerpass questline.
After completing the questline, the chosen character will receive a chest with 302 ilvl equipment and will automatically complete the World quests and Main quests up to level 50. You will also receive the rewards from your Awakening quest.
You will then receive a second Powerpass in your in-game mailbox after using the first Powerpass.
Things to note:
- Additional Powerpasses are not available at the moment. In the future you may be able to buy more Powerpasses from the cash shop.
- You only receive two Powerpasses per account (across all servers)
- Powerpasses can only be used on the server you received them
Knowledge Transfer is similar to a Powerpass but works slightly differently. The option is available at your Stronghold and will level your character to 50 and give them an equipment box with 302 ilvl gear.
The requirements are:
- A level 5 Stronghold (this is the starting level)
- Completed all the quests in North Vern on your main character (Awakening, Power Pass, etc)
- Complete the “Nothing Is Impossible For Cykins” quest from Atheline in your Stronghold
- Talk to the Robot, located on the west side of your island, next to the Lab
However there are some limitations:
- Knowledge Transfer is only available 9 times in total. Each time a different class is leveled to 50 (either via main quests or Powerpass), you gain a Knowledge Transfer.
- This means you get three at the start – one from your main character and two from the two alts you used a Powerpass on.
- Knowledge Transfer also costs Gold. The minimum is 600 Gold to complete up to North Vern, and 2400 Gold to complete up to Punika. THIS WILL ONLY SKIP THE MAIN QUESTLINE! You will still need to gear from T1 to T3.
- Knowledge Transfer takes 8 hours (character will still be playable during this time)
To begin, create a new character or use an existing low level character. Follow the main story questline up to Prideholme and unlock the ability to use your Sheet Music (F2). Travel to your Stronghold and open the Management window (C+1) then click the Knowledge tab. Here you can select the North Vern option and begin the Knowledge Transfer for your active character.
When you log back in on this character 8 hours later, you will have a short quest to complete and will receive your equipment and Awakening quest rewards in your in-game mailbox.