Ability Stones are a type of equipment which is used to gain engravings and vitality stats. Players can only equip one Ability Stone at once in the Ability Stone slot. Before the item can be equipped, the stone must be “facetted” at an Ability Stone Cutter NPC. These can be found in cities with the diamond icon on the map.
How to obtain Ability Stones
Ability Stones drop from different Chaos Dungeons, Abyssal Dungeons, Guardian Raids, Abyss Raids, World Bosses and certain Una Tasks.
When an ability stone is dismantled, you obtain Powder of Transcendence depending on the rarity grade of the Ability Stone. These can be exchanged at the Ability Stone Cutter NPC for a new Ability Stone of the same Tier and rarity.
You can also buy up to 3 Ability Stones with Pirate Coins from Peyto and Cradle of the Sea of Fermanta from the “Luck: Ability Stone” NPCs.
Ability Stones can be traded on the Auction House (as long as they are not facetted) and will cost Pheons to purchase. Since they are not facetted already, Ability Stones can be a risk to purchase since you can be unlucky when facetting and end up with a useless stone.
How to Facet an Ability Stone
Ability Stones must be facetted before they can be equipped. To get started, go to an Ability Stone Cutter NPC. You can find them in the following locations:
- Brite – Luterra Castle, East Luterra.
- Professor Mosby – Vern Castle, North Vern, Crafting District.
- Milla – Origins of Stern, Arthetine.
- Belleper – Rothun, Rohendel.
- Aubir – Great Castle, Yorn.
- Tiana – Kalaja, Feiton.
- Glona – Nia Village, Punika and Tideshelf Path, Punika.
- Guide Briyette – Training Area in Trixion.
- Mia – Cradle of the Sea Fermata (Island)
- Migyung – Peyto (Island)
Once you have arrived at the NPC, select the Ability Stone you would like to facet and get started.
- All Ability Stones will have 2 random positive engravings and 1 random negative engraving.
- Each Engraving has a row of empty slots (between 6 and 10) and a Hammer Icon to the right. Clicking the hammer will cut the stone and you will get a positive or negative result.
- Each positive result will give an Engraving Point in the relevant engraving.
- The idea is to get as many successful taps on the positive engraving, and fail on the negative engravings
- When facetting a stone, the starting chance of success is always 75%
- If the facet succeeds, the next attempt drops by 10% with the lowest chance capping at 25%
- If the facet fails, the next attempt goes up by 10%, with the highest chance capping at 75%
- This means you want to use high success rates (55%+) on desired engravings and lower success rates on the negative engravings
- If you successfully facet positive engravings a certain amount of times, you also gain bonus Vitality stats.
You can use our Ability Stone Calculator to help you facet your Ability Stones with the best chances
List of Ability Stones
There are 4 different rarities of Ability Stones
- Rare – 6 Facetting Slots (150 silver per tap)
- Epic – 8 Facetting Slots (165 silver per tap)
- Legendary – 9 Facetting Slots (210 silver per tap)
- Relic – 10 Facetting Slots (260 silver per tap)